BananaMonkey is a UK-based innovative lifestyle and culture platform that has revolutionized the way Chinese-speaking international students in the UK connect with the vibrant lifestyles and rich cultures of the UK.
Over 120,000 Chinese-speaking international students come to the UK every year, and we offer a wide range of resources to help them adjust to a new culture and lifestyle. We understand the challenges, including culture shock, study stress, and lifestyle differences, that international students face in a new environment. Our platform is built to address these challenges and improve their educational experience in the UK.
At BananaMonkey, we believe in creating value not only for international students but also for UK merchants. We work closely with local businesses, including restaurants, student accommodation providers, retailers, hotels, tourist attractions, event organizers, and more, to provide them with a reliable and efficient digital platform to promote their products and services to international students.
This position plays an essential role in the revenue growth of our business by recommending and selling our digital tools to relevant local merchants. This role also supports merchant users in their daily usage of our tools to promote their products and services and generate extra sales through our digital platform. This position offers potential for further career development, interesting professional benefits, and the possibility of becoming a permanent position.
remote, working from home, occasionally travel within the UK may be involved
fixed-term contract 14 months, full-time
GBP25,080 yearly (gross pay, excluding any allowances).
28 days including bank holidays
42 working hours per week. Flexible working time
Working from home
Flexible working time
Responsibilities and Duties
- Recruit new merchant users, such as restaurants, student accommodation providers, retailers, hotels or others in the UK, to use our platform. Assist with their onboarding, daily usage, and continuous improvement to ensure value creation for them and drive our business performance.
- Implement the company’s sales strategy and policies to generate sales by recruiting new merchant users, owning the entire end-to-end sales process. Utilize various methods such as cold calls, online video calls, email marketing, on-site visits or events to complete sales and meet KPI targets.
- Establish and maintain long-term partnerships with existing merchants while continuously developing new ones.
- Support the creation and implementation of the marketing strategies of the business.
- Identify potential partnerships or competitors, new revenue generation areas, opportunities in the markets, and potential improvements for the business.
- Report to the director and collaborate with colleagues in a cross-cultural environment.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor degree or above is preferred.
- Experience in sales, business development or account management is preferred. Knowledge of the Internet industry is a plus.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to persuasively communicate recommendations and effectively champion customer needs.
- Comfortable with cold calling, video conferencing, email marketing and approaching merchants, such as local restaurants, in the UK in person to recommend using our platform face to face.
- Attention to detail and patience to resolve merchant client problems and satisfy their needs at daily work.
- Willing to travel occasionally within the UK to visit the existing or potential merchant clients.
- Able to use Word, Excel and email and other kinds of common office software for daily work
- Able to cope with pressure and an environment where not everything works yet. More interested in taking ownership of problems than worrying about whose problem it is.
- Result-oriented and self-motivated, with the ability to handle multiple tasks at work. Strong organizational skills to keep track of multiple tasks, deadlines, and priorities, and effectively manage time to prioritize tasks.
- The candidate needs to have the legal right to work in the UK
- Sales and business development skills
- Relationship building and management
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Results-oriented and able to meet targets
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
For application please send your CV and cover letter (optional) to email@example.com
Applications will be reveiw twice a day from 30th April 2023
Expected starting date: as soon as possible, latest in June 2023.