BananaMonkey is a UK-based innovative lifestyle and culture platform that has revolutionized the way Chinese-speaking international students in the UK connect with the vibrant lifestyles and rich cultures of the UK.
Over 120,000 Chinese-speaking international students come to the UK every year, and we offer a wide range of resources to help them adjust to a new culture and lifestyle. We understand the challenges, including culture shock, study stress, and lifestyle differences, that international students face in a new environment. Our platform is built to address these challenges and improve their educational experience in the UK.
At BananaMonkey, we believe in creating value not only for international students but also for UK merchants. We work closely with local businesses, including restaurants, student accommodation providers, retailers, hotels, tourist attractions, event organizers, and more, to provide them with a reliable and efficient digital platform to promote their products and services to international students.
This position offers potential for further career development and the possibility of becoming a permanent position.
remote, working from home, occasionally travel within the UK may be involved
fixed-term contract 14 months, full-time
GBP25,080 yearly (gross pay, excluding any allowances).
28 days including bank holidays
42 working hours per week. Flexible working time
Working from home
Flexible working time
Responsibilities and Duties
- Implement the company’s sales strategy and policies among the markets of international students to generate sales, drive revenue growth and meet business targets.
- Promote and recommend student accommodation providers to Chinese-speaking international students via our digital platform. Advice and support the booking process and meet business sales targets.
- Implement marketing strategies on multiple channels at daily work, such as website, social media, search engines and events, to promote our platform among international students, generate leads and meet KIPs
- Work with the team to optimize the sales and marketing strategies of the business.
- Work with the team to promote various sections of our digital platform including hotels, local restaurants, UK brands and more in the markets of international students.
- Report to the director.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor degree or above is preferred.
- Familiar with marketing on social media including Little red book, WeChat, YouTube and etc. Knowledge of Google SEO and PPC is a plus.
- Attention to details: the ability to manage detailed information so that quickly and patiently respond to customers’ inquiries with it.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Whether you are communicating with team members, clients, or merchants, being able to convey complex information in a simple, concise manner to express priorities and avoid misunderstandings.
- Empathy: the ability to manage one’s emotions and maintain a positive and patient attitude even in challenging situations.
- Result-oriented and self-motivated, with the ability to handle multiple tasks at work. Strong organizational skills to keep track of multiple tasks, deadlines, and priorities, and effectively manage time to prioritize tasks.
- Able to use Word, Excel and email and other kinds of common office software for daily work
- Language: professional legal of both English and Mandarin Chinese are preferred.
- The candidate needs to have the legal right to work in the UK
- Sales and business development skills
- Relationship building and management
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Results-oriented and able to meet targets
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
For application please send your CV and cover letter (optional) to email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed twice a day from 250th April 2023
Expected starting date: as soon as possible, latest in June 2023.